Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mexican Ponies

I normally couldn't care less about variant ponies, but Mexicans are just some of those "other" ponies I need to have. I'm not out to get them all, and I think I am quite focused on what I want. I aim to eventually own the following:

Moondancer - rivals the US regular version because I like her pose better (owned)
Rainbow Medley - why, she looks just lovely with the rainbow hair! (owned)
Alternate Pose Blossom - when I saw her it was OMG, MUST HAVE, I love her 100 times over the regular US version (owned)

Blue Belle with sky blue eyes (Auriken)
Baby Moondancer - I love her darker hair colour than the US one
Rainbow Firefly - this is not a must have, but nice to have to go as a pair with Medley
Starflower & Pinwheel - I just love their hair colours!

MOONDANCER
Notable difference is that Mexi Moonie has a pink streak instead of lavender, and much longer hair that touches the ground. She has metallic symbols like Italian Moondancer does, and has a forelock. Considering how shitty Mexican ponies normally are, this pony is what a lot of people would consider as GREAT condition. She was yellowed when she came, but I think sunning did her some good. She's still off white, but much better than before. She has some stray marks, but still lovely!

BLOSSOM
When I saw Renee's Blossom in NYC, I feel in love with her even though Renee's Blossom is in terrible condition with the poofy hair and discoloured body. Mine's not the best, but she's pretty decent with some faded marks on her. Her cheek blush has discoloured to white, and has a nick on the display side. I tried to recover it with pale pink paint, so now she looks like she has baboon's arse for her cheeks. 

MINTY
 
This pony wasn't an intentional purchase. I was bidding on something else, and since she doesn't look too bad, I decided to buy her to bulk ship to save on shipping. She's not my favourite colour, but still a lovely addition nonetheless.