Friday, February 20, 2009

Baby Ponies Who Can Finally See

EDIT: Added new pictures of de-BBEed babies. Just realised that I am missing Tiddlywinks to complete the set!



Do these babies look familiar? Yes, they were once BBE baby ponies. I've sent them to this awesome UK lady named PinkKittyWink to get their eyes fixed. Many thanks to my awesome awesome friends Brigetsmum (owner of MLPArena) and PrincessLuna for donating most of the BBE baits to me during my US trip. I have alway loved the BBE poses, but thought they could be just as cute with normal eyes. I do not destroy good BBE ponies as I love the mint ones like I love So-Soft ponies.

Many moons ago, I finally had the money and rusty BBE baits at hand, so I decided to get a complete set of non-BBEs in BBE poses. These baits were personally hand-picked for wicked rust in their eyes, some could beat Chuckie (from Child's Play movies) in the horror contest. I was kind of sad sending off a few ponies from my personal collection, which includes Baby Shady, Lickety Split, Baby Sundance, Baby Half Note, Baby Tiddly Wink and Baby Cuddles. They were in good condition when I first got them  a decade ago, but when I took them out from storage, their eyes already showed signs of paint wear and spots of rust spreading all over the eyes. Rust is the worst thing that can happen to a BBE baby pony. A BBE is special mainly because of its eyes, but if they start rusting, not only will the pony stop being special, she'll stop having eyes too.

Aren't they adorable? I still think the pegasus and earth babies can have their molds modified a bit. The pegs look a bit old while the earths are simply awkward looking in general. They look so stiff. :/ No quarrels with the unicorns.