Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mum & Baby Majesty


It all started out with a baity Gusty. She had a bad haircut, and most of her symbols were gone. It seemed like the perfect excuse to give her a thorough session of nip-tuck into someone brand new! First I had to decide on who I wanted to make. There were many possibilities, but having an ugly Majesty at that time made decision-making rather simple. Majesty has always been one of my favourite ponies, having read about her in storybooks and the UK comics. I had a storybook with her that my mum bought from Toys'R'Us when I was about 6, and in it, Majesty tripped and fell, and broke her ankle. That part of the story scarred me for life. It was terrible - a pony - FELL!?!?!? HURT!?!? IMPOSSIBLE. Then, I developed a compulsive need to constantly want to help make Majesty feel better. I vowed that someday I'll own her and make her all okay, although I can get quite lazy at keeping vows and promises.

I never had the castle when I was a child, and mail order wasn't available to Singapore despite the common American packaging with pamphlets and MO offers that came with them. A huge anticipation built up over the years, but when I finally got her in an ebay lot, she looked like some cheap grade fakie as if Hasbro was going out of business. Majesty had untameable choppy hair and a discoloured head. I just can't stop nagging about how they have recklessly destroyed a perfect pony with their lazy quality - oh does that sound familiar with the G3 ponies as well?


Anyway, first, I pervertedly stripped Gusty of both hair and symbol, and thoroughly outraged her modesty with a brush until she was sparkling white. Then, I brazenly pillaged hair plug by plug from a baity Firefly that was stained beyond recognition, bar her symbols. Ok, so I did recognise her, but I chose not to when I wanted her hair for my nefarious purpose of converting a virgin Gusty into a Majesty. I continued to shock my Gusty bait into submission by constantly poking plugs of hair into her hair holes with a needle. She thought that was extremely invasive, but I didn't care as I derived sadistic satisfaction from watching the pony suffer. I just carried on until I was happy of what she had become. Just like an ugly duckling who required a terrible childhood to become a beautiful swan, Gusty's dark past has polished her into the most beautiful Majesty ALIVE! Snort, barely alive after all the pain, but... STILL ALIVE!
Majesty's symbol was something I was quite proud of. Don't be deceived by its simple appearance, there're actually quite a lot of complex emotions that went behind the cognitive process!!!!! I thought the actual Majesty's symbol looks decent, but it is nothing like the ones in the storybooks! The illustrations always draw Majesty with round petaled blossoms for symbols, so my own Majesty will have to look like that. Somehow, the new symbol did not look right, and I decided that I need to rearrange the blossoms to make them more classy and aesthetic, hence the diamond arrangement! Don't you think she looks more regal now? Ahhhh my majestic Majesty!

As for Baby Majesty...the process is almost too paedophilic to describe :P Ok so I am exaggerating. I guess she's a bit less sad than her mum. She came to me as a completely yellowed Baby Glory, in fact, she was more like yellow-brow pee colour. She smelled really bad too. Her symbols were almost gone. I removed all her hair (that came off easy), cleaned her up and set her out in the sun. Turns out, she whitened under sunlight. That was quite a miracle indeed. Her hair came from a cat fakie and I painted her symbols just like I painted her mum's. Then WALA, a cute Baby Majesty was born to her mum via the MountainCai manual labour sweat shop factory that was surprisingly not set in China, but SINGAPORE.