Monday, July 14, 2008

Fire Topaz - Newest Rage!

I have always liked precious stones, but recently one stone caught my attention, a fire topaz. A fire topaz is almost in a class of its own as it is open knowledge to everyone that its colours are not natural, yet the sheer beauty of it commands high popularity from stone lovers. This stone truly deserves its own category of precious stones.

I was introduced to a fire topaz when I was browsing ebay for a gift, and later learned that a fire topaz had to be artifically heat-treated before it gets its kaleidoscopic play of coruscating colours. A normal topaz can never achieve such a display naturally. Unlike jade, where natural-occurring colours play a huge importance in its collectible value, a fire topaz is only as important as how beautiful it looks. The best thing is it is so easy to afford one because it is almost man-made, and widely available. Gotta love fire topaz! I have bought one like the one in the picture for a friend as a present, but she doesn't know it yet. :D Not that I am trying to be cheap or anything, but I love things that are beautiful and this one is simply too gorgeous to pass up. Tee-hee!